Thread: new to pain
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 01:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sorry to have to meet like this ..

So sorry to hear that you have just been introduced to the TN monster. This forum is a great source of information and sympathy. Others may be away for the long holiday, but they will be back soon to offer much support I am sure.

My pain was misdiagnosed as inner ear trouble for years until finally seeing a Neurologist that ruled out everything else and came up with the "Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia" diagnosis. Tegretol seems to be the first drug of choice to start out with. My flare ups are sporadic so I only take it when I have an episode, and like you my heat pad (microwaveable bag) helps better than anything. But for others heat makes it worse.

I can't offer a lot of advice, but just wanted to say hello and let you know that this is a wonderful group of people on here and others will be along soon to offer more information. Be sure to read the "stickies" at the beginning of the forum posts - they are a wealth of information. If you can find some of my old posts - you can read more about my specific case. I don't know that mine was caused by any type of dental work or anything else.

Take care, and I hope you get some relief soon.

Rhonda
Bassetcase is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (09-10-2010)