View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 02:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinymommy View Post
Hi...I was just diagnosed with Hemiplegic Migraines. Does anyone else suffer from them? How often do you get them? Are you on preventative meds...and what kind? Any symptoms from them? Also...what do you do when you have one of the hemiplegic migraines come on strong that won't go away? Do you go to the ER every time?

Thanks!
I have Spordic Hemiplegic Mirgrains and my neruo.doctor has told me I am the most severe case he has ever seen and he is the best neruo.doctor where I live. I take over 20 meds a day and night. Most of the time they dont work and also dont know why. I have been admitted 5 times in 6 months and been treated numerous times in the ER and discharged after I get loaded with pain meds. I now have to go to Gainsville,Florida,which is a 8hr. drive one way. The best thing I can tell you is to really educate yourself about this type of migrain,also educate yourself about what your meds. are.Pay close attention to the symptoms and let the treating phsycian at the ER know that you have this type of migraine so they can treat it right. Educate your family and friends so they will know what to do. Remember ever case is different. Good Luck!!
Single mom of four
single mom of four is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote