View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 02:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFlower View Post
I easily get symptoms of Mestinon overdose and can only imagine that these symptoms are what normal people would get from taking Mestinon. All of the symptoms I get are listed as side effects for Mestinon except for one symptom (increased heart rate).

When I take too much Mestinon (or don't eat/drink with the Mestinon), this is what I feel (even if I take only 15 mg):
-Nervous
-Twitching
-Increased heart rate
-Diarrhea

If I continue to take the same doseage of Mestinon I get worse symptoms such as:
-Sore muscles
-Stiff muscles (one time it was so bad I could not bend my arms or legs)
-Sweating
-Mouth watering
-Double vision
-Heart pounding even when resting
-Nervous to the point that I feel afraid of people
-Stuttering

I can not imagine wanting to take Mestinon if I did not have MG. I hate the side effects and don't think it can make a normal person stronger - I think they would instead get sore and stiff muscles (and other side effects) which would make them weaker. Of course, that is my opinion, but I strongly feel that you will know if you are taking too much Mestinon. I don't think any of the side effects of Mestinon are pleasant or helpful.

I know how much Mestinon helps me and I feel angry at your doctor for not listening to you, especially when he has no other diagnosis or solution. To withhold Mestinon from me would feel like a death sentence, because without it I am basically bedridden and unable to chew food or function at all. Maybe your MG isn't as bad as mine, but still I relate to your situation and feel angry.

I hope my list of side effect is helpful.
Thanks DesertFlower,

I haven't have any of those side effects while taking my 30mg of Mestinon. I've only taken 60mg of Mestinon once to divert a breathing crisis, but I didn't have any side effects from it either. Yes, the possibility of a doctor taking away my mestinon does in fact feel like a death sentence. That's a great way to put it. It will condemn me to a life in bed or on the couch. Even worse, it may actually kill me as I've been having breathing problems and some severe choking issues. It seems that no one wants to take the responsibility of giving me a diagnosis based on clinical symptoms, but who takes the responsibility if I die because they refused to treat me clinically?

Thanks for your support!
Lindie09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (09-04-2010)