Thread: Mobile pain?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 03:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malawigirl08 View Post
Does everyone elses pain move around, one day my toes hurt, next it is a pneumatic drill in the ankles, then my skin feels as though it has been scalded and so on......I know the variety is interesting but is it normal?.. Or have I been diagnosed with SFPN and the diagnosise is wrong....again!
If you were diagnosed with small fiber sensory neuropathy via skin punch biopsy, then that diagnosis is correct. That is the gold standard for diagnosing it. EMG does not find it. Mine started with the feeling of having a bad sunburn in many areas at once.

But you might also have large fiber and/or other issues causing those other types of pains you mentioned. Small fiber will produce sticking pain (as in needles), tingling sensations, hyperanalgesia, burning pains and allodynia (I have that, too) and maybe other things. Whether or not it produces pneumatic drill type pain I don't know.

Thought I'd answer and describe how non-length dependent SFSN has affected me in case you weren't altogether aware of the various types of sensations it can produce.

Best wishes,

Sheltiemom
Sheltiemom18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote