View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 03:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wow. I must have really bad luck. How did you guys even get your doctors to re-test your for the antibodies? My AchR antibodies are negative. I've only had this one antibody test. But apparently it is sufficient enough for my doctors to say that MG for me is "highly unlikely".

The frustrating thing is that I don't think that MG is an autoimmune disease! Antibodies that are responsible for autoimmune diseases fluctuate all the time! This is in part what makes autoimmune diseases so difficult to diagnose. It's also in part why the symptoms fluctuate. I've heard of people being tested for things like Lupus who will have a positive antibody test and then a month later a negative test, then it will be positive a few months later.

I know that doing the antibody tests are important, but considering that their levels fluctuate all the time, they should only be used to confirm a diagnosis not to rule out a diagnosis. Unfortunately, I'm not sure why, doctors don't seem to understand this and do in fact use negative antibody tests to rule out a diagnosis and will refuse to re-test.

This doesn't make any sense.
Lindie09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote