View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 03:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you so much to both of you, I think that was something I really needed to hear, especially from the perspective of a teacher and a mom.

Grady Lady, after reading how all that testing made you feel, I sort of understand why my brain freaks out so much when I'm back at school. I've only been back for three days, and this weekend couldn't have come soon enough. I went to be around 10 last night and I slept in till 11 today easily.

I also see what you mean with teachers wanting to know what's going on. I think it might just be because at my 504 meeting last year it was first period so early in the morning, I wasn't prepared to be called down to the office and there were I think 4 or 5 adults just gabbing away. I forgot to ask for what I wanted/needed and ended up accepting what they suggested I needed. So it was kind of a bad experience, but now that I'm more prepared, it could be more beneficial.

I think I'll talk to my mom about going back to a neurologist, but a different one from the one I was seeing. He had me on an anti-seizure med for the headaches, but when that wasn't helping it was sort of a "well I can't do anything else". So. It'd be good to have someone with more concussion experience.
Gemma17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Grady Lady (09-08-2010)