View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 04:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for mentioning LEMS, that might fit me better than MG. I know I looked at that condition before, but ruled it out as unlikely for some reason. Maybe because it usually does not start in childhood, but I need to keep LEMS in mind. That's a great example of why a diagnosis would help some patients: LEMS has at least one medication that is used for it, which is NOT used for MG. I'm not sure if I'm understanding right, it seems to say if you have LEMS you have cancerous cells floating around your body? Even if you don't have a tumor. Cancer does run in my family but obviously I hope I don't have anything of that nature in me.

Same here, I hate the side effects. It makes me really hesitate to take the Mestinon. I wish I would just take it more but to me it's sort of trading one problem for another. I do feel life would be much worse without the option to take it sometimes.

I hate that sometimes the Mestinon is a lot less effective for me. Those are often the times I am wanting it to work the most. This might be an indicator that I don't have MG? I believe some other people with MG agreed about this part? It doesn't work as well when I'm somehow in an extra tired out state. Though in this state maybe I should take a higher dose, but I've been afraid of side effects.

wondergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote