View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 05:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

No? I was told that most MDs think celiac is "fake". In the way that many thing "chronic fatigue syndrome" or fibro is fake.

I had an allergist do skin prick tests and it said I only had "mild" food allergies. Wheat was not one of them. However I get migraines easily from foods, and lots of other symptoms. Definitely have issues with soy, sulfites, milk, peanuts, Bromelain enzymes, berries, probably other nuts, sucralose and probably many other sweeteners including raw sugar?, probably other dairy, etc.

I did a brief unscientific elimination test (and need to test it better but have trouble doing so) for gluten and believe I would feel a less tired on a gluten-free diet. But maybe it's not the gluten and it's simply that I get bad with high glycemic foods? (I had eaten plenty of white rice when trying to eliminate other foods because I needed something to eat. Also some people told me it is very possible to be allergic to plain white rice.)

However it seems like I am allergic to everything, and I believe it has more to do with chemicals used in processing than the foods in general?

I am diagnosed ADD and I know I have at least 75% of Asperger's symptoms (which some docs wouldn't recognize since it manifests differently in adults and females) and autism spectrum disorders run in my family. I mention that because of the connection to sensitivities and gluten issues.

My mother is diagnosed with RA (I think that's always autoimmune?), Fibro (researchers think it's autoimmune) and apparently had an abnormal EMG and/or NCV but I'm not sure why it was abnormal.

wondergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote