View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

My feeling is that you are unlikely to have A.L.S. because your symptoms do not match the syndrome. It does sound like there is something wrong - an important A.L.S. test is an EMG, which is similar to an EEG: both measure neurological activity - the EMG measures this activity at the neuro-muscular junction, whereas the EEG tries to measure the activity in the brain itself. I am not a medical expert and have no idea what your symptoms could add up to; I know something about A.L.S. and your age and symptoms strongly imply that A.L.S. is extremely unlikely - its not very likely in most cases in any event: out of 300 million people there are about 5,000 'diagnoses' each year - usually of people who are a lot closer to fifty or sixty years old. A.L.S. is not so much a diagnosis as it is the result of the elimination of all other known_ possibilities and verification that the symptoms are the same. I hope you find out what is wrong and obtain effective treatment.

Last edited by MuonOne; 02-12-2007 at 02:59 PM. Reason: slightly improved statement
MuonOne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote