View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 08:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Let me see if I can make some kind of sense of this. LOL

1: There is a disc bulging at L5-Sl extending to the back of the descending
S1 nerves. That could account for radiculopathy on either side. (pain radiating.

2: There is swelling of the S1 endplates (motor neuron tht contacts with a muscle fiber) and because it's degenerative in nature and the endplates lack of abnormal signal in the disc space it's as expected with an infectious inflammation of the vertebra

3: There is moderate narrowing of the L5-S1 neural foramen. (that's the hole where the nerves to the spinal cord go thru.)

4: You have a cyst at the bottom of the spine which is about l.2CM

5. There is swelling of the T11 and T12 pedicles (base of vertebra) and facet (winglike things on back) This could be reactive/degenerative.

I hope this makes some kind of sense to you. It's about the best I can do. Best of luck, and I hope you get relief to your pain. I know how hard this is. God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (09-04-2010)