View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 08:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default When medical science fails to help

Tuesday:
My marriage has been declared over by my wife, as she can no longer deal with my long-standing history of head injuries and the havoc this wreaks on our lives. I don't blame the dear lady.

Wednesday: In a deep funk, I bagged my personal possessions, wrote two notes, put one bullet in the gun and prepared to go for a stroll in the country. I was scared of being a burden to others, despondent over the lack of modern medicine in this neck of the woods, and just plain ready to die.

A friend had offered to talk with me five minutes before I was ready to walk out the door forever. Ten minutes later, the gun was unloaded and locked in its case and I placed it in my friend's hand asking him to store it for me. Then I asked him to help me if he could, for I could see that no matter how bad I hurt, it would others worse if I committed the unthinkable and final act.

He very gently asked my permission to pray with me and I agreed. As a DIRECT result of his selflessness and compassion, I awoke from my "spiritual sleep" and renewed my concious contact with God as I understand him.

Fast Forward to here and now:
I have continued to reach out to a few other souls who I have always known in my heart that had the kind of spiritual life that isthe real deal, no preaching, no lecturing, no shoulds and should nots. One friend picked me up today, bought me breakfast, and then fed my soul with simple food of the very best kind.

Today I know I am not forsaken no matter the outward appearance and circumstance.

Where medicine of the physical world cannot reach or heal right now, I know there is a Power that does heal my tired spirit and revives me with the drink of living waters that I may never be thirsty again.

Many things are happening in life that i don't like. That's OK. I don't have to like them, or even fret over them, for more important needs are being met. All because one man took the time to speak the language of the heart and thereby touch my heart, allowing me to swing the door open and let the Love of God back in my life.

I almost never share on these forums. I mostly have lurked for a couple years. I sincerely hope my experience can be of benefit to someone.

And thanks, deep and abiding thanks to all who work so hard to maintain this board. I am ever so grateful.
Fogbrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (09-04-2010), Darlene (09-08-2010), Kitty (09-05-2010)