Thread: Why me
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 10:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by topaz1113 View Post
Why am i the person in line at the store who everyone is staring at when they see my cain? After all i'm just 39 and have suffered this disease since i was 29 including two rounds of GBS. Why me? They look at me like I'm a fa
ker when i cash my disability check but are not there to hear me cry in the night with burning,searing pain. Why me? I feel as though i got the rough end of the stick.Why me?Why not somebody else to feel 75 at 39 why me?Im tired of the pains of all kinds burning, tingling,sharp,buzzzing,stabbing and everything else.Why me?
hugs hugs hugs!

While I don't fully understand your situation (I'm not in your shoes), I know a lot of the same troubles/feelings you feel. I'm 24 and bedridden and have to use a wheelchair when I go to the doctor.. I get lots of looks and comments/questions such as “it must be fun to lay around all day and do nothing”, “you sure don't act like you have a lot of pain”, and “getting up and exercising will do more good than taking all those pills”. Keep your chin up and keep pressing through... it doesn't matter what all the strangers think.. I hope you have a good support system of family and friends.. but if not, there are so many wonderful people on this website. Take care of yourself, okay?

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (09-05-2010)