View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 01:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wife of MG View Post
My 85 year old mom with a bad heart valve and bad arthritic knees just came home from rehab...

My brother is "In Charge?" and has had to do everything twice due to his poor follow through personality.

I am frustrated because I am a very thorough person and can see three weeks ahead....

I do not know where I fit in to this caregiver role because I had expected the task to be totally in my hands.

Now I pushed out of the way while my mom falls through the cracks...I stepped aside last time and she almost died due to poor management of her health.
I live directly next door to her and care for many animals...I can not let her fall into neglect again.

How do I approach her on this problem when she seems content to rely on a son who is less concerned with her health then control of her checkbook???
If you his wife, why is the brother in charge? I went thru a simeler situation but went to court, they appointed a Guardian who handled Finances,etc. I took over day to day care, but had NO control over finances. This was for the best - no question of financial gain on my part, fine with me, and I got to take care of my father with no one thinking I had a "Agenda". I loved my dad, he passed peacefully. God be with you - go to court - do not let your brother or anyone else take over the situation.
Blessings
Love and Light
A.
alex44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote