View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 03:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

And certainly I will ask to get the blood tests for celiac disease. I didn't know they could possibly diagnose by just blood tests, very cool. Good timing since I am planning to see a new allergist, or if I see a new PCP I can ask. (Love the other one but want one closer and will probably keep seeing the other one too.)

I guess it's totally possible for me to have celiac but for my sister not to? And it's possible for some celiacs to have less problems? Like, sometimes if I eat a bunch of bread (and meat), say I don't notice any negative effects. But maybe I still have it?

I don't understand why people like brown rice, I dislike the taste. And I'm one who likes the taste of barley grass shakes and a lot of healthy stuff most people couldn't stand. I do want to get myself used to eating brown rice. (Maybe quinoa too but the first time I tried it, I did not feel like I could get used to it, and felt maybe it was bad for me.) Just had some and my body expected to get the dip in energy that I get with white rice, but it was absent! (And thanks for pointing out that I should not alter my diet before the celiac tests, I will just have brown rice a couple more times.)

And on the LEMS note, I do get the bladder weakness/urgency issue, so annoying.

I also get a shortness of breath and labored breathing thing happening when I have hot foods. It's bothersome and of course it feels like I can't walk around or do much since I'm already "out of breath" and feel like just resting. Maybe lightheaded.

wondergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote