Thread: Lindsay update
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 04:10 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Sandy,

So glad to hear that Lindsay is doing better - i'm sure that is such a relief for the both of you ! Please send her my love !

Accupuncture was suggested for me to try in the early stages of my RSD however I had a nerve block and had serious complications from it (was left in a wheelchair for 13 months unable to walk as I couldn't coordinate my legs properly). I later had an ingrown toenail removed on my RSD foot and again, had complications (I developed myoclonic spasms).

After that, my Doctor said it was obvious my nerves were really hypersensitive and that I werent allowed any invasive procedures on my RSD areas unless it was for life saving treatment as it was obvious it would make things worse.

My mum read somewhere that you aren't supposed to have needles put into your RSD limbs so that might be something to look into ... apparently it can make things worse like it did for me though I was told by my Pain Management Doctor that he had never seen it happen in a child before.

Take care both of you and both my mum and I are here if you ever want to talk !

Ali x
cindi1965 (09-05-2010), fmichael (09-12-2010), hipnochik (09-05-2010), SandyS (09-05-2010)