View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeitha View Post
Tom, death is not the answer to what ails us. We cannot help others nor ourselves by trying to take, what we think is, "the easy way out". You are still a young man being I'm 64 and have a lot of life still in me. Don't give into the words "old age", it's a mind thing. "As a man thinketh, so is he". I use to have very bad pains in my legs to the point of my right knee giving out on me. I am not one to take medication except once in a while an Excedrin. I found other alternatives to medicine. I changed my diet....when we reach a certain age there are some foods our body can no longer handle. I eat more fruits and vegetables now and have totally taken red meat out of my diet. I use to walk and exercise a lot, but I felt I over did it. I had to learn to balance life out, and learn to listen to my body. Your body tells you what it needs, believe it or not. I also (please don't think that I'm crazy, but) talked to my pain, because I believe we all have the power within to heal ourselves, we just have to change our thinking.
We never know what life will deal us, but we have to be prepare to deal with life and choose to change it around to benefit us to the best we can with whatever situation we face. I have observed so many people, old and young faced with horrific conditions, however they beat the odds by choosing to live their lives to the fullest in the condition they are dealing with, for instance Steven Hawking. Hawking has a neuro-muscular dystrophy that is related to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a condition that has progressed over the years and has left him almost completely paralysed, however his brain is still functioning and he is still teaching other people with what function he has left. He's looking at life with respect to it and choosing to 'live' it to best he can with what he has left of it. I hope you choose to live life to it's fullest and not shorten it, because you don't know what you mean to someone else in your life.
God bless you and keep talking and sharing with others.
....ask not what have you done for me lately, but what have I done for you lately... Rakeitha
Rakeitha:

I am so glad you wrote what you did. I'm a big believer in putting good stuff in our bodies.

Thanks for writing what you did. When I first came on this thread and read the various postings, the first thing that popped into my head was Steven Hawking, a man stuck in a body that is practically frozen, but his mind is on a different level than all of us.

I don't know how he has lasted so long, but God Bless that man.

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (09-05-2010), barbo (09-05-2010), Doody (09-17-2010), Mark56 (09-05-2010)