View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 02:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Im hoping some people with the same condition will post the issues they are experiencing since i wouldn't mind speaking to others with the same condition as me
My daughter had her left lobe removed due to nodules at the age of 19. Her TPO number clued them in to her Hashimoto's. The FNA's done were inconclusive but cancer was ruled out during surgery.

She was immediately put on Synthroid - only. She only got worse. Up and down the dosages went FOR YEARS. Along with prescriptions for depression, skin problems, headaches, severe (and I mean severe) constipation, etc. She and her husband didn't fair too well during her illness and they separated/divorced. She hung on somehow to finish college classes for a two year degree and moved home.
Within months of her moving back, we discovered she is also gluten intolerant, along with other foods. Has polycystic ovarian syndrome. Is anemic and low on many important nutrients/vitamins *D, B12, etc. She was also prescribed Cytomel which helped. The gluten free diet is adding to her over all better health too.

She is being seen by an awesome nutritionist who is testing her further and going to have her put on an Armour type med instead of the synthetic stuff. She also has her on a liquid form of D3, some iodine/iodide as well.
She has also put ME on the iodine/iodide for my nodules that I have scheduled for surgery in three weeks - I am not sure if I want surgery and the lifetime of yuck with the lame meds that the drs dole out.

Good for you MetalMX on the find!! Keep on learning and questioning and demanding that you be considered by the medical professionals. Most of the time they are just guessing and they have NO idea what the patient is feeling. Don't take any negativity from them. You hired them to care for you. Good luck and good health!!
happyisme09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote