Thread: All 2-new
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 04:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Im kind of new here. I joined neuro chat because I'm 64 and newly diagnosed with ADHD. But then, I realized that a lot of other topics are included here that I can relate to. For instance, I have had chronic pain for many years. Nothing helps. I have degenerative disc disease in my neck for at least 20 years - NSAIDS work only minimally - I was thinking of asking for Lyrica - but since I work as a nurse 3 shifts a week - I think it would make me too sleepy - Oh - by the way I've had no health ins. for the past 1 & 1/2 yrs and will be going on Medicare Oct 1. I have chronic sciatica, most likely trigeminal neuralgia (have frequent pain in face)- pain & spasms in my feet - I get also get frequent leg and foot cramps and neuropathy - not from diabetes - most likely from my hypothyroid problem - I also get lower extremity edema from the thyroid problem- have not been able to get any help due to no insurance - In addition I have osteopenia but have been unable to afford a bone scan to see if it is the same or progressed into osteoporosis. - There's a lot more but I think this is overwhelming enough- I already have my first drs appoint on Medicare Oct 6. Wish me luck. Susan Abrams
vanyel22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote