View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 07:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 5 months post concussion, will I ever recover?.. Feeling Helpless

Back in April 2010 I was a victim of assault and punched in the back of the head. I started to experience concussive type symptoms about a week after: Inability to concentrate, "foggy/buzzy" sensation. I seemed to be on the road to recovery about 4 weeks after the incident but i prematurely headed back to the gym and the symptoms came back.

After about another month things seemed to be getting better however i had a few drinks with some friends and again the symptoms returned. It has now been 5 months after the initial concussion and I am still getting the symptoms (though drastically lower). The worse part of it is that i am currently in professional school and it is very difficult for me to get any time off. I have taken a 2 week leave of absence hoping things will get better.

I am so worried that it has become permanent and that i will have to live with this for the rest of my life. It has been a really frustrating experience. I am constantly depressed and all i do is think about the concussion. I just want to be able to focus on school and get my life back to normal.

What are the chances of me getting better? What kind of things can I do to get better? What should i avoid? It would be nice to hear some stories of people who had symptoms pertain for so long that got better, any hope would be great.
ssg7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote