View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamster View Post
So glad you got your braces off Mari! That's awesome! I bet you're excited now. I remember getting mine off at like 15, it was awesome! Wear your retainer though so they don't start to shift about in your mouth again. I lost mine after 6 months and had some minor shifting. PITA but happens....Again CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Dear Pam,
Thanks Pam! Believe it or not my teeth have always been straight. I developed an over bite- type situation because a stupid dentist gave me a night guard to protect grinding teeth. The night guard threw off my bite --- I had a weird awful overbite situation. Two orthodontists wanted me to have jaw surgery to correct the problem. The third orthodontist said that without the surgery he could get me to 85% function. That's pretty much where I am.

I've been free of braces two weeks now.
I am rethinking food.
I want to eat nuts and fruits and veggies and eat as much of a vegan lifestyle as possible. I felt good when I ate that two summers ago before the teeth went off the rails so to speak.

I am deeply ambivalent about the retainer. It is one more thing to do at night before bed.
I already have a long night time routine that prevents my getting to bed. I need to eliminate barriers to bed, not add more --- You Know What I Mean??

M.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-06-2010), waves (09-06-2010)