View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 03:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordWood View Post
Each person is different it seems you and gabbycakes are Very sensitive to higher pain meds effects. I do agree why most doctors don't prescribe it because usually they feel its to much for you. But some of us are in a different field from you where even Dilaudid, Oxycontin and Methadone are not enough. Then to make things even worse we lose the power of Oxycontin in a decision to hit the addicts and caring less about the actual most important people the patients. Sadly thing is there so stupid because addicts are going to still abuse it so the only ones there hurting are us the users that are actually prescribed. To switch peoples meds and make something that not only is weaker but making a lot sick on top of there troubles all ready, is horrendous and mistreatment of the patients well being. I know people just like you and gabby that are sensitive and some even more to the point even very weak ones make them sick as hell. But you cannot regulate what others should do unless you have been in their shoes.
Purdue screwed up big time and someones gonna sue them over the fact of making them sick and misleading info. Purdue will regret there decision in time.

As a side note to those that were on the Oxy and are having trouble now with these worthless OPs my recommendation would be to switch to Dilaudid or Methadone. Dilaudid in higher amounts is a wonderful med.

Wanted to clarify my comments in regards to the Oxycontin dispute. First Oxycontin is/was one of best pain control medications and I have taken it and honestly miss it and I never had any problem taking it, it was my Pain Doctor who would not continue to give it to me so if I wanted to stay with him I had to switch. I felt his reputation and what he was saying he could do was better for me then the oxy and it was the correct discision for me. I also don't get how Didaudid is compared to oxycontin, one is a morphine based and not time release and oxycontin is time released, that is where the danger and abuse comes in, and oxy truly is just a time released percocet without all the acedaminaphen(tylenol). And methadon is a man made product again not time released and works in a completely different way. I was told its not a breakthrought type of drug and needs to build in your system before it truly begins to work. I'm not a doctor or pharmacy spec. but I have been at this for 6-7 years with 7 surgeries many added parts to my arm and 3 - 5 day ketamine inpatient infusions so I think I have some experience in the area of pain medication. I also go to a very good doctor many of you know him and have asked me about him.

It's truly ashame that because we or most of us are on medication managment we really don't have any control of our destiny. We are controlled by the FDA and have to deal with the consequences of irresponsilbe people when it comes to pain drugs. That is truly why the oxycontin takers who really need it are having a problem it's really not because of the FDA or Purdue, honestly. I hope at the end of the day everyones pain is under control and feels secure once again.

Good Luck,

Gabbycakes