View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 06:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

If there's a Mayo clinic near you make an appointment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by achy View Post
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for me as my symptoms are, um, spreading, but we'll give this a shot.

My symptoms began suddenly four months ago, starting out as what looked like carpal tunnel in the right wrist and thumb. Left soon joined in. I did hand therapy and NSAIDs for too long. Super painful thumbs and electrial shocks actually got better. Electrical testing was negative (actually way above normal). THEN the tingling started on the bottom of my feet. And pain. Pain and tingling moves up. On the left side it's up to my hip. Left side in general is worse. I am able to walk OK (sometimes I drag) but not for, like, three days in a row. Activity and holding my arms up make it worse.

Soon after it all starts up in my head. One day I feel tingling moving from my left ear across to the right side of my brow. I have trouble swallowing that night. The head pain has been intermittent, usually every three days, for a few weeks now, but it's getting much worse, more pain every two days. Ears, teeth, general trigeminal area plus the back of my head now. Some eye strain, but vision is OK. Only a few seconds of tinnitis, I think hearing is OK.

Blood tests show only low D3. I am 42, eat right, exercise and otherwise healthy. MRI of brain is normal, neck shows herniated disk at c5-6, which would only cause the finger thing. I've tried neurontin and gabapentin, trying Lyrica now (definitely wasn't working last night).

Brand new symptom: red spots on the roof of my mouth along with pain while brushing. Neurologist has just about given up on me. Anybody have any ideas before I head up to a bigger hospital?
im4dexter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote