View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 09:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycojade View Post
2 days ago my middle son tried committing suicide; my daughter-in-law found him when she got home from work. He took a large bottle of pills called "headache PM". In the ER they pumped his stomach & did the charcoal IV & did bloodwork. The DR's said he had twice the lethal dose of acetaminophen in his system. But they think he should be ok. He's in the ICU. Today they did more bloodwork & it came back with higher levels of the tylenol then yesterdays results; they told him he's still not "out of the woods yet". (I'm not sure how it could be higher than the day before?) Hopefully tomorrow's tests will be better.
He keeps telling all of us that he's really sorry & That was the first & last time he'll ever try anything again. I can tell he"s sincere. He knows he needs help. (He's been very depressed; he has ulcertive collistis & nothing seems to be helping. He lost his job more than a year ago & just alot of family problems & stress).

My dad committed suicide when I was 12 (almost 44 years ago). I'm so thankfull that God was there watching over my son & I know God will help us through this.
I feel for you I am so sorry that you are going through this but all I can say with this happening to me right now but with my husband not son is that support them. Encourage them. make it easier not harder. My husband right now is in the Neuro Psych Ward on suicide watch. He has been there for four days now and it has been so hard. you should read my story i think it might give you advice, Its called I survived my husbands suicide attempt. Best to you and your son and i will be praying for you both.

Tabby
TabbyCat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (09-06-2010), mistiis (09-11-2010)