View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 09:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Migraines and delayed food reactions

You may want to check into food allergy testing for the migraines. I came across this site (www.foodallergytest.com) a couple of years ago and have been sending clients and contacts to it ever since with some phenomenal results. It makes perfectly good sense to me now after my recent studies, especially after seeing the obvious relationship between food and seizures.

I had a veterinary client last year who was self-employed/uninsured and paying over $700 for Imitrex each month. She paid for the Sage Test above out of her pocket (about $550) and then ate according to the results. Her migraines stopped in less than 3 weeks and has been free of them ever since. She has been over 5 months migraine-free, saving herself over $3000 in medication fees. (Of course, the cost if the test is usually covered by insurance).

When she showed me her allergy card listing the foods to avoid, she said "And it is all of the foods I like the most." I told her "Of course they are! You remember the lecture: The wheat, dairy and soy you reacted to are doing the damage to your intestinal villi which, in turn, is setting you up for the others you are allergic to. That is the known cause of secondary food allergies in the gluten, casein, or soy intolerant."

BUT, what I learned from her was that I, too, was coffee allergic. That had never entered my mind until I saw it on her card. Then the planets aligned. I was getting sleepy, having some heartburn/gas, and some headaches after drinking coffee, things that were always associated with gluten. Now that I have been off coffee for a while, I never feel that way*. This makes perfect sense now, as I drank A LOT of coffee for the depression associated with gluten and dairy. My secondary allergy to coffee makes perfect sense. (*Tea does not do this to me so it's not the caffeine.)

I hope this helps,
John
DogtorJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote