View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 11:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Also new so sorry 2 hear about your pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitefawn View Post
Hi, I am new to this forum, and like you I am in pain and not pleased at all with the oxycontin OP. I had mine refilled four days ago. I take methadone for breakthrough. I do sometimes have flare-ups with pretty bad days of worse pain. I thought maybe I was having that at first, then it hit me that it was because of the change in the medication. I have had four back surgeries and have low back pain that goes into my hips and down my legs. I've placed a call to my doctor today. Maybe he'll change my medication.... I don't know. Think I'll call Perdue too. I appreciate the fact that it's to prevent people from crushing it. I don't do that. I just want some quality of life afforded to me by being without horrible pain.
Best thing to do is to call your doc and let him know. I'm sure he is getting a lot of calls on this problem. He could increase your dose or change your medication.
My hubby also takes methadone for breakthrough pain, an UNGODLY amt of it. The 80 mg OC's are also at all time high, which is ridiculous! This is Because he has been on it for 10 years. And I feel so bad for all of you that take your medication the way you are supposed to, just as my hubby does. These doctors, pharmacists, and makers absolutely have NO CLUE what they are talking about when it comes to these medications. and should listen to not only their patients but I think those who have had an addiction to it before to learn more. Think about it, a person that was addicted to heroin and is in a methadone clinic {not talking from experience either, I have friends} they can tell you more about something than any doctor, pharmacist, or maker of a drug! And from what my hubby looks like after taking that generic Watson brand before that's exactly what he looked like for 2 months, someone that was going through heroin withdrawl. They finally put him on the methadone for the sickness, because let's face it; methadone really doesn't take away the pain. I know this cause he keeps me awake at night after the five screwed up back surgeries worker's comp put him through. I wish you all the best Denise.
"Thanks for this!" says:
LordWood (09-06-2010)