View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 12:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My daughter also had a moderate increase in symptoms when school started two weeks ago (mostly headaches, not as much with the fatigue). We talked with her vision therapist about it and he explained how her brain is re-learning to deal with stress. He prescribed some breathing exercises and specific yoga poses to help alleviate stressors.

The second week of school she was able to "breath through" the few headaches she had. Might be worth a try for you. Breath in for 8 counts, hold for two, exhale for 8 counts. Four sun salutations each morning.

As far as I can tell there is no way to deal with that darn PCS fatigue other than to let it run its course (and of course proper rest and nutrition). In my daughter's case it started to get better around 6 months and now, at 13 months, she seems to be close to her pre-injury energy level.

Ditto what the others have said...talk with your mom and your school. Schools are far behind the curve on dealing with kids with head injuries, but they are light years ahead of where they were even two years ago.
PCSLearner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote