View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

You didn't offend me in any way. I don't see anything wrong with what I said. I am obviously against suicide for ANY reason.

And believe me I know what I'm talking about because 8 years go I was on the phone speaking with a rep on a suicide hotline trying to get someone, ANYBODY to my son's apartment (in another state) because he kept saying he wanted to kill himself. He was 20. He was depressed. (or so I thought)

I finally convinced someone on the other end to send a crisis team to his apartment only to find him perfectly fine, laughing and over whatever mood he was in.

I know what's it like to hear your son say "I am going to kill myself", then to be up at 3 a.m. trying to convince someone at the other end of the phone to take me seriously. One suicide hotline volunteer actually had the audacity to tell me "we don't who you are, you could be a hitman or something".

My son did this 5 night in a row. I remember moving furniture around because I thought I would have family members over the next day to mourn my son.

Five nights in a row, I did the suicide hotline thing because I had to take him seriously, didn't I??? Five nights they found him fine. They flagged him in their system as a malingerer.

He thought it was funny. I do not, have not, and never will find this funny at all.

It practically destroyed me and my husband. My son cried suicide in 26 cities, getting off buses, calling 911 and saying he would kill himself, just so a crisis team would pick him up and give him a place to stay. He always got picked up. He told me "hey, whatever works"

Went through this for a long time.

I no longer go through this. I will not.

I just came on this forum to give support, to engage in serious discussion and really, if I offended anyone with my analogy, it was not my intent.

I think you know this.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (09-06-2010), DMACK (09-06-2010), lebelvedere (09-09-2010), Mark56 (09-06-2010), Rrae (09-06-2010)