Thread: First Fall
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Yeah, DO NOT Fall. That's a good one I forgot to say that my cane is adjustable, not one of the wooden kind, and it has foam type stuff on the handle so that makes it comfortable for my hand.

However, I do not like using a cane either. It is not great for me since by balance is not good due to muscle atrophy in some of the calf muscles and some of the muscles in the feet. That wouldn't be a problem for other people who still have all of their muscles working but just need something to help them along. I know it's hard for some people to understand the difference. They still have all of their muscles working even if some are a bit weak.

I originally started using the cane years ago just so that I had something to lean on if there wasn't something available like a counter, etc. when going to flea markets, etc. But then of course CMT progressed and so that is where I am at the present time.

Those poles sound really interesting and would be worth a try for sure. Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (09-06-2010)