Thread: Real Voices:
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 05:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alffe View Post
Tom, the anger I was referring to was my anger at him, for taking his life.
No, no note, but nothing he could say would justify his actions. Granted, he found "peace...maybe" but left the rest of our family in agony.

That's why so many people call it a selfish act. I try very hard not to judge people because I hate being judged.

I think journaling is a good idea...please make it at least as long as War & Peace.
Hello, Alffe: I'm wondering if the confusion on my part is not revealing...

I'm not a psychiatrist or psychologist, but I have read a lot of Carl Jung's works. All of us nonprofessionals are exactly that; however, we are free to speculate. Jung wrote about projection, i.e., we project onto somebody else our own attributes we think are "bad," thereby obtaining some temporary relief. The projection is an unconscious process, so there's no point "rationally" refusing or debating it. I wonder ... is the incredible anger you felt, maybe still feel, perhaps your son's anger which he projected onto you while he was of course still alive? I say this because I get the feeling in reading your words that the unconscious is running the show. You look for a rational answer from the heavens -- "WHY?" -- and do not get one, perhaps because the origin of the problem itself is unconscious, that is to say, not rational.

And so, whose anger is it -- really? Yours AND your son's? There may be a highly complex interplay at work.
lebelvedere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (09-08-2010), Alffe (09-07-2010), waves (09-07-2010)