View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 05:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I think I might be able to help you.

1. L4-5 & L5-S1 the disc are drying out and it's going to keep happening. this causes the discs to bulge and herniate. Right now they haven't.

2. L3-3? & L3-4 everything is fine

3. L4-5 you have a disc that's protruding and also an annular tear. I'm not positive what that is but it hurts. It also is pushing on the L5 nerve root and that's painful. The combination of overgrowth of a ligament, a disc protrusion, and mild bony degenerative changes along with somewhat congenitally small spinal canal narrowly across diameter of the central canal at this level to 1 cm indicative of mild to moderate canal stenosis (narrowing). There is mild narrowing of the L4-5 neural foramina (hole where the nerves go thru to the spinal canal) due to the disc protrusion. This is on the right. It's ok on the left.

4. L5-S1 Some mild central disc bulgiing is seen. No canal or foraminal stenosis is seen. Everything is ok.

I hope i put this is terms that are somewhat understandable. if you have any questions please let me know. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cats (09-07-2010)