View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 10:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink

Hi Allen, I am struggling with many of the same feelings. I had a flare in March that took more ability away including driving even the short distances I could. I found a great fella that counsels people with chronic pain and diseases. I cant get to him now because I cant drive but he was a very very kind man who did help. It is a massive adjustment. I raised my 2 girls mostly alone. I went to college later in life. Now to suffer so much loss is beyond words.

On the TV show Rubicon there was a phrase the other nite that gave me pause. It was about fear. Roughly he said there's the kind of fear that makes you dig in and try to find the answer, doing every thing you can and there's the kind of fear that paralyzes you. I can get paralyzed at times but mostly I dig and move forward knowing there is more. There is an answer that will help me live with this.

I dont do well with being in bed either, much less a hospital bed. Even on the job I was the kind of person who needed to get up and walk a bit or just get distracted every 20-3min. I wouldnt do well with 5 days either. I wonder if you were open with them about this they could give you something to tamp down the urge go. Actually I have great success with acupuncture to quiet this part of my nature.

Annie59
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote