View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 01:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question dont know what to do

hi my name is bob and i haven`t posted any thing in a long time.I was injured in 12/18/2007 by a fall at work on ice. I went to the docs and was told i have tennis elbow torn ligament in my arm opt to a cortizone shot than a operation just to finnish out my work season.By this time because its workmens comp it was april.after receiving the shot it worked great until sept. I then received another shot and my world went upside down it was the most painful thing I almost past out. the next few days it became very swollen and it turned red i then called my docter and he said it looked like i had rsd.I then went to a pain doc which put me on all sorts of medsFor thenext few months he decided to try i block in my neck which sent my rsd even more out of control. Then he said that a spinal stimulator was the next step.Not liking this i went for a second opion which was with another pain doc in a large clinic.He then put me on differnt meds which has helped my pain isn`t as bad but still there i now have color changes but not as often and my pain comes and goes which is alot better.they tried beir blocks i think it was 5 of them It was great for about 2 weeks then back to where it was before.Now it was suggested that I have a spine stimulater again.I said i would try it the comp isurence approved it then denyed it and sent me to a surgen a M.E. he said that i should take the risk of the rsd and get the arm fixed which is scaring the heck out of me. the first pain doc said that i should never let anyone to operate on it.Dont know what to do.Dont know if anyone went through this
rtmcmahon631 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (09-19-2010)