View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 09:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

when was the hearing ? It can take months to get things in writing even if things go favorably for you.

What were the dates and why didn't the judge think you were disabled as long as you think you were disabled ?

You might be willing to settle for less backpay, just to be sure you get approved, but you have not been clear about what the lawyer has said about his/her position. Is the lawyer trying to get everything that he'she thinks you rightly deserve ? Or is your lawyer protecting his'her own paycheck ? Something to consider is...... If the lawyer can get 25% up to $6000 (or whatever the max is now, it can go up from year to year), that 1 year less of backpay may severely impact his/her paycheck.

You can call SSA to see where things are at, but I've never gotten a knowledgable reply doing that.....and I would call them once, not make a daily pain in the butt of myself.

I would TOTALLY call the lawyer every day (or more often) until you get some answers. Make him/her earn their money

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote