View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 03:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default my real life hero who gives me hope

My friend Suzette Allen (google her) suffered a tramatic brain injury 21 years ago, as a result of an auto accident with a bull moose while driving in Alaska. Her head was crushed and the bones in her face were shattered and had to be wired back together...many surgeries to reconstruct her nose...but the worst part was brain damage. It took her 8 years total to completely retrain her brain to be able to do all her previouse activities and relearn emotional and cognitive functions. "It was a very long, dark road with much depression and confusion! But there is hope, no matter how bad things look, no matter how far you've slipped and how much damage you have done or has been done to you! Today I am completely whole and successful person and actually teach Photoshop for my living along with photography."
Suzette travels the world teaching and unless she tells you her story you would never know that she had to relearn almost everything or that she had huge issues that forever changed her life because of PCS. I am lucky to have her in my life and to be able to call her any time. Its nice to have some one who understands and tells you it will get better because they are living proof even when you cant believe it for youself.
And you really should Google her and look at her work its amazing - life after TBI!
mbrook is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
budeb (03-18-2014), katie71083 (06-21-2011), kayley (07-17-2012), Mrs-B (08-26-2012), MsRriO (02-25-2013), vini (03-30-2011), waves (04-13-2012)