View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 04:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

They aren't sure if I was knocked out. I don't really remember the accident and what I do remember I think is just things I have heard people saying and put into my memory as my own. I didn't have any fractures but had swelling and brusing. I hit the back and left side of my head. The first hospital I was taken to did not fully check me out and sent me home without instructions or restrictions. After 3 days of still vomitting and asking the same questions over and over again I went to see my Dr. thats when they took my car keys away - thats right I was driving! I couldnt understand why they wouldnt let me drive. A week later I still wasn't sleeping and was having panic attacks, I couldn't separate my dreams from reality - thinking people were breaking into my house, I wasn't eating because it wouldn't stay down and my head hurt plus I couldnt write down a number right even if you told me 4 times it would be different all 4 times, I couldnt figure out how to put away the christmas decorations and just sat on the floor and cryed. Thats when they sent me back to the ER because they thought my brain was bleeding. Thank God it wasn't but they said I had PCS and TBI. And the drugs haven't stopped sence then and my life has gone down hill. Month 1 my Grandfather who was basically my dad and only parent sence my mom died in an auto accident 8 years ago died. Month 2 is when we descovered that I couldnt read - I couldn't sequence things together words, numbers. I also lost my job. Month 3 I had to move - I lived on the church property I worked for. Month 4 is when they said I had PTSD. I am very blessed that my friend Sara let me move in with her. I gave her that tbiguide and she helps me stay organized and is very truthful with me even when I am overreacting. Thank God for her!!!
mbrook is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (02-06-2011), vini (09-08-2010)