View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 04:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi folks,

Don't worry, Jan and I have absolutely no relationship with NeuroAssist, other than she has been buying their products since September 2009. I keep mentioning them because we haven't found another such mucuna/amino acid protocol that's researched and geared to Parkinson's. We have loads of complaints about NeuroAssist, but it's still the protocol of choice. Believe me, we've looked for alternatives and are still looking!

Jan began switching over from Sinemet to the NA regime when, after 3 years, Sinemet started to fail her big time. In her experience, the NA protocol was extremely difficult to transition to, post-Sinemet dependency, but she's made it to the other side and is doing very well. Dyskinesia is the thing to beat now.

Jan's ready to start engaging in posting here herself, which I hope she'll do soon. She wants others to know there are alternatives, like a mucuna/amino acid program, that are far less toxic than pharmaceuticals and allow for healing. There are a few others we know of now who have braved this transition and are also using the same protocol, but there's not much dialogue about it. We welcome that!

PLEASE NOTE: It would not have been possible for her to switch from a drug like Sinemet to this other approach had she not had 24 hour care for more than six months. It was a huge big deal and ABSOLUTELY NOT should anyone go off drugs without having a strategy and medical/personal care team in place to help with drug withdrawal, detoxing, readjusting, etc.

Sorry that I don't visit this site more often. I learn so much from you all and cherish your courage and commitment to shared learning. As I said, I'm hoping that Jan will join on soon herself.

Best regards,
Trisha
TrishaPDX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote