Thread: Talking frankly
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 10:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question

WOW....

What a treasure to find this thread today that I missed out on before. Thanks David for bumping...

I love the metaphor of choices and the way this starts off. Just like we have a choice to go the movies, do we have a choice to end our lives? According to the law - NO. It is illegal, you will get Baker Acted and sent to a hospital. But what about spiritually? What about our families? So many unanswered questions.

Which brings to mind... that presentation I saw a few months ago (the video I posted about the man who survived a 10 foot suicide leap off his window) and that the Suicide Awareness advocates prefer to NOT use the terminology "committed" suicide anymore, which was something i had never heard before... because if you are ending your life, are you "committing" a crime and doing something wrong like self-murder? And what they prefer and what was emphasized is that instead of "committing suicide" you are "dying by suicide." Is this all just a way to be PC (politically correct) or ... is there something there to it? Are you choosing to end your life? Or is the depression/mental illness choosing for you?
wishnomore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (09-08-2010), barbo (09-14-2011)