Thread: Survivors
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 10:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
My grief counselor said grief is like jigsaw puzzle, some people get all the edges first and then work on the inside parts. Some just dump it on the table and dive right in.

You meet a lot of people when you're starting this puzzle. Some give advice and some tell you how the puzzle "should" look when it's all finished.

But once in a while, you meet someone who shares their own finished puzzle and helps you make sense of yours. Then you find it's not as hard as before. Some of the pieces fit together more easily, and you sigh with relief...and remember. That's why I admire everyone here, you've helped me to finish my puzzle
I absolutely love this!!
What is it about analogies and metaphors that make us understand what is so difficult to understand, so much easier?

Maybe one day I'll get the courage to share with you again how far I've come. My puzzle is not complete (nor will it ever be) but I think that back when I was looking at a scrambled mess of pieces everywhere 10 years ago, now I've actually found and put together majority of the puzzle so that I can atleast see a picture of what it is supposed to be.
wishnomore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (09-08-2010), waves (09-08-2010)