View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 12:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Talked to my rep again...

Well, I talked to my rep again and he said that another option is to go to that new pain doctor (the one who dumped me for having to contact me too many times) and see what this guy thinks I should do instead of having her take it out immediately. I am not sure what to do because part of me wants it out ASAP especially because it has not been charging at all the last 3 days but then I am scared that I won't get another one put back in. And my stim guy seems to think it would be better to not have it out right away and wait to see that pain doctor. My problem with this is I am having trouble getting into see this pain doctor and I am afraid it is going to take me longer to get in if at all and also make this whole process take even longer to get done. The other problem is I am in the middle of school and would like to get it taken out soon so it does not cause more problems and interfere with school. My other issue is if I do get it taken out right away I have way more doctors available to me and could even get a doctor that works with a different brand of stim. I guess I will see what I can do regarding my stim rep's help, I would kind of hate to lose him and I would lose him if I switch to a new brand of stim.
Leesa, thank you so much for sharing your experience! I am nervous to have it out because I was worried it is going to be painful like the other stim type surgeries I have had. That makes me feel alot better about this decision! I just hate that it comes down to this because it really helped me so much in the beginning and I want that back
Jackie! Thank you so much for your support and encouraging words! Yes, I am in a much better mood now that I am on something for pain again! And also therapy helped me so much! She is really great and helps me put things into perspective. She also told me that right now I have to have a grieving period because I am having to give up so much and that if I do this I will feel better, I usually try to hide and ignore those types of feelings! She is also really grateful (as am I) that I found this support network and am able to talk to others that really understand about what I am going through because she said that this is a scary and frustrating time for me and the more people I can talk to the better I will feel. Well, I need to go because I am still catching up on school work so take care and I will let you all know if I hear anything else or have new decisions about my stim! take care 'sTara
tchr012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (09-08-2010), Mark56 (09-08-2010), Rrae (09-08-2010)