View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 12:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hard to stay in the fight

Background: Had an injection for treatment of migraine when I was 24 and the shot hit a nerve which caused the CRPS to start in right hip. It has been 3.5 yrs that I have been fighting CRPS and my case spread to both legs from hip to toes.
I feel like I'm losing this battle and I must admit in my opinion I gave it a good fight.. Was a tom boy growing up and extremely athletic until the nightmare started. I used avoidance and denial for a long time, as I finished my MBA in record time and got my dream job at one of the top 100 public accounting firms in the US. I loved my work but came with long hours and a lot of stress (My specialty was auditing local governments and trust me that job comes with a world of issues to ensure there are no material misstatements....)
As my CRPS worsened I had to go in for numerous treatments (intensive pain programs, nerve blocks, radio frequency injection, and ketamine infusions.) Each treatment came with their empty promises as they provided little results but each treatment took time away from work... Let’s just say once the company I worked for found out my disease was not curable, my career ended 2 months later which was last June.
Having a difficult walking (even with my intensive medication routine) and I don’t see how I will be able to live that I worked so hard for while fighting this unpredictable, un-relentless, piece of s*** disease. I fought so hard and am disappointed that it all was for nothing. =( I guess I feel defeated this time and was wondering how do I pick myself back up this time??????
Swatgen27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (09-10-2010), SandyS (09-08-2010), Wilbyfree (09-08-2010), wswells (09-10-2010)