View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 09:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hang in there

Dear Swat,

"Hard to stay in the fight." Hmmm....you may have lost the battle but not the war!! You see in this war of rsd and throughout it we have to go back to the barricks (sp) and reexamine our strategy, maybe things have changed, maybe we need some new equipment, maybe a rest, maybe a new plan. You have to build a toolbox of things that work for you. I call it my strongbox, it is built with amunition to fight the enemy (rsd), in it is my faith, my family, relaxation tapes, yoga, TENS unit, heating pad, medication, many other things and then of course, last but not least my heart and soul (rsd will never win that) PERIOD. These are all things that I use to fight my battles, some I win, some I lose, but I have no intention of losing the war. From the heart, I tell you...you will lose some things, mourn them and then let them go and then begin to fill your own toolbox with things that support YOU and the disease. Like this forum and the wonderful group of people, (family) who truly care, understand and support each other through good and bad. When I am going through a bad flare or maybe just a bad day I always look to learn something new from that experience and I do. For today rest, rethink your strategy, and then give it hell!!! You got this... if not we will help you fight the fight until you regain your strength. God Bless You!

Jeanie
Wilbyfree is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (09-10-2010), Lisa in Ohio (09-09-2010), loretta (09-10-2010)