View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 09:11 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear about your injury. I hope it heals quickly and without further problems.

My RSD started in my ankle when I was 12 after an ankle sprain. 4 months later, it spread to my right arm after I fell getting out of the bath tub and badly bruised my arm.

Earlier this year, the weather was icy and I was going to get into a cab to go to school and fell on the ice and managed to land on my shoulder. The RSD spread to that shoulder after a few days.

I've been collapsing a lot lately and fell out of bed and landed on my back really hard. My back has been really swollen, painful, red and bruised ever since (injury happened about 6 weeks ago). Not sure if thats RSD as it seems to be a different pain ... waiting for an MRI scan.

My Doctor told me that I have to be really careful with any injuries as I am really prone to the RSD spreading.

It's important that you try moving as much as possible. Obviously thats really hard with your dislocated shoulder but I would try it when your Doctor says for you to do so as it might help. Start off doing small exercises then build up when you feel up to it.

If you suspect the RSD spreading, call your PM Doctor asap (if you have one)! DON'T leave it as quick treatment is critical and can help put it into remission. Your Doctor may be able to prescribe more medications / blocks if your pain worsens.

I hope you are feeling better now. If you ever want to talk, i'm here. I know first hand just how scary this illness is.

Alison.
NJsteve (09-11-2010), Sandel (09-12-2010)