View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 09:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New here and scared

Hello everyone. First let me say thank you so much for this site and for everyone who has shared here. I have learned so much here from your posts.

I have lived with extreme pain for 6 months and have finally been dx with RSD. I had a complete ligament tear in my r ankle along with 2 additional ligaments with almost complete tears. Instead of doing surgery my 1st podiatrist put me in a cast. The nurse moved the cast before it had set which caused it to bend backwards and cut off circulation. I was in more pain then when everything tore. Long story short after 5 months of trying to get out of the boot I finally was sent to a surgeon who said I needed ligament reconstruction surgery and that surgery should have been done from the get go. He did a set of xrays to confirm something he saw on the mri. After seeing severe bone loss along with my other symptoms, he said he felt I had RSD and that treating that took priority over the surgery and sent me to a pain dr.

While waiting for next appt I started reading everything I could about RSD and am angry. Angry at the first dr, angry that I have had the symptons since they took the first cast off 3 weeks into this and noone caught it. And angry because of this awful disease and what it has done to all of you and of what I see as my future. And very very sad.

I have fought very hard to try to walk thru the pain, went to work everyday fighting back the tears. Had some hope for a minute when I thought I was finally going to get surgery and get past this. Now he wont do the surgery until when/if I go into remission. The job is looking bleak as they have figured out that something serious is going on and am in fear that I will be fired anyday now.

I had my first LSB yesterday and for the first time I have some pain relief. The burning is gone and the bone crushing pain is more manegable. The color is still not right but better. And the swelling was better until this afternoon, but I walked on it alot today as I dont know how long this is gonna last so tried to use it as much as I could. So I am trying to be hopeful, but unfortunately, it think it has spread to my hands and have noticed spasms in my face below my eye. My next appt is next week to see whats next.

I have been lurking for weeks so finally got up the courage to post. So sorry that I am not more positive right now but I am scared, live alone, support myself, and have no family to speak of. I do have some good friends who have helped me thru so far, but am afraid of leaning to much and pushing them away.

Thanks for being here.
Brenda
shapeshifter224 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (09-09-2010), Dubious (09-09-2010), loretta (09-08-2010), RNcrps2 (09-12-2010), SandyRI (09-09-2010)