View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 10:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengal64 View Post
ok thank you so much for the info... alittle back ground
11/2005 dx Akylosing Spodylidtis, RA, Fybor.
I was really doing well, seeing a RH and getting massive Remicaid infusions.
08/2007 Left Tx due to hubby being transfered to GA
09/06/07 I fell off the front porch, legs gave out, broke both feet. We didnt have ins so The ER did nothing but give me a Rx for air boots, thus they didnt heal correctly.
11/07 got ins and back to Rhumey and finally some xrays of my back. Dr said I had 2 disks in my low back and neck rupt. prolly due to fall...
11/08 filed disability, went thru the 2 denials yada yada, hearing was 08/24/10. Vocat. guy said nothing I could do, ALJ wanted to give a bench decision for the date I filed but lawyer said no, that I should get it back to 09/07 due to the fall, when everything went down hill fast. I did try to go back to work in March of 08 but it only lasted less than a month, I just couldnt do it. ALJ ruled that as a failed attempt to work. He stated in the hearing the medical evidence proved 100% that I was disabled. He told me that he would review the case at a later date and send me in writing his decision if he found I could have an earlier onset date. It all happened so fast its like a blurr now and sometimes I just feel lost. I did call the SSA and they told me I shouldnt call back until it has been at least 2 months after the hearing with the backlogs. I was just wondering a general wait time for a decision. Everything I read here in my replies have answered my questions as to why the atty did what she did, but I wish she would have told me herself. Thank you all so much for your replies, at least I know what to expect now. HUGS
For what it's worth (not much), I agree with your attorney. Time will tell if the ALJ does.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote