View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 04:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger View Post
So nice to be here again. I do need to vent a bit about PD!!

So, I am at my daughters this evening and she had to meet with some people at 5:30pm that oversee my autistic grandson's services. I figured, three kids would appreciate not having to wait until 7pm to eat dinner.

So, I began to cook. Nothing difficult. A couple of boneless chicken breast, broccoli in the microwave, potatoes. I thought I could do it without any difficulty, but NOOOO!!

Between the sweating and the tremor it was misery for me. The kids got a good hot meal, but grandma was done in!!

If there is one thing I hate about PD, it is the tremor. Some days I can hardly write anything. The least exertion...just going shopping for groceries, causes me to sweat so bad it drips onto my glasses, my hair is wet. I am sick and tired to both issues.

Thanks for listening,
Carolyn
Boy, ain't it the truth, I'm mad too, ALOT. I guess I go in & out of those stages, anger, denial, bargaining, depression, acceptance but the anger frequently is the one I most identify with, less wimpy, speaks to my streak of defiance. whenever I get those shakes (often) & am trying to do something I feel both sad & furious. probably I should mellow & but the chemistry of the illness makes it feel impossible. And the Feelings, oh my, I hardly cried before this illness and now there are days when I can't turn off the faucet. it couldn't have been healthy all those years to have been so stoic, but somedays I wonder where the old me went! Thanks much for shaing & I wish I was there last night cause maybe we could have taken turns cooking and resting. Be encouraged, FG
Floridagal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
just_me_77 (09-10-2010)