Old 09-09-2010, 07:04 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishaPDX View Post
Hey Trixiedee,

I hope you can find a local ally. If you have a good naturopathic clinic or physician or school of naturopathic medicine, I suggest that you post a notice that you'd welcome a conversation with others who are finding their way through Parkinson's or other complex neurological conditions, including Lyme disease which sometimes does mimic Parkinson's. You will find success stories, perhaps some resources that apply to you and, hopefully, you will find some deserved compassionate companionship.

With Jan's experience, we learned that mucuna by itself is inadequate L-dopa support. With the right individualized balance of aminos L-Cysteine, 5HTP and L-Tyrosine, it becomes a viable alternative to Sinemet, at least it is that for Jan and a few others we've encountered. I wouldn't attempt to represent the research behind NeuroAssist, nor should I. My role has been to hack into every lead I could find that might offer Jan a way to heal. I learned about using mucuna and aminos here on this site, and thank all of you intrepid people who are so courageous and determined to be well.

You can look into other approaches to regulating brain function with amino acids, by going to autism sites, also weight loss and depression programs. There's much to find by jumping the boundaries like this. One popular reference is The Mood Cure, by Julia Ross. Her work is instructive, insofar as learning how aminos influence our psychology. This stuff applies to Parkinson's, even if we aren't sure yet how it's going to do it well.

No one should stop taking any pharmaceutical without expert supervision, but it is extremely important for those of you who have not yet started up on them to know that you may have prior options. This is why I leapt into this thread.

All good wishes,
Trisha
"You can look into other approaches to regulating brain function with amino acids, by going to autism sites, also weight loss and depression programs. There's much to find by jumping the boundaries like this. One popular reference is The Mood Cure, by Julia Ross. Her work is instructive, insofar as learning how aminos influence our psychology. This stuff applies to Parkinson's, even if we aren't sure yet how it's going to do it well."
so what are you actually suggesting, she experiment or do you have first hand experience that any of your suggested "treatments" help pd??
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote