Thread: Sleep Issues
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 01:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali12 View Post
Thanks Sandy. Never thought about trying that but will definitiely get my mum to mention it to my Doctor! Thanks !
Hi Ali, I used to take ambien cr. 25 mg. but it stopped working and I would lay awake all night till 5-6 and sleep 3-4 hrs. This would happen every night. My Dr. does trial studies for pharmaceutical companies and was doing a 200 person study for seroquel xr. They found it helped for fibromyalgia. They also found it to be sleep aid. I was add to the study-300mg. I immediately started sleeping 10 hours straight, without waking up. I felt I didn't need 300 mg, so he cut it in half gradually and I've been on 150 mg. for several months and sleep 10 hrs. I take it at 7:30 pm and fall asleep about 9:30. I'm so grateful, as my pain level is down a little because of the restorative sleep, which Doc says is so important. I know others that take seroquel for RSD and sleep.
Hope this helps. My Doc is a neurologist, psychiatrist, pharmacologist, practiced 25 years in New York-internist, mainly psychiatrist and held a talk radio show. He also built two clinics that HBOT in them. So he is into anti-aging now. He was in Viet Nam and led the medical team for extreme burn soldiers. He is board certified in the above fields. I found him in the yellow pages. When my neuro diagnosed me full body, suggested I see a psych for help in dealing. I didn't like his two suggestions so went to the phone book.
I have been seeing him monthly for 6 years and I'm so grateful for his knowledge of meds and RSD, because I'm on meds that allow me to drive and am mobile. I can't drive for 4 hours after morning meds. Meeting my son in laws's mom for lunch today.
The seroquel xr comes in 50 mg 100mg. and 150mg 200 mg and 300 mg.
Take care, I know how horrible it is to lay awake all night. If you have any question about this drug, I'll ask my Doc. Please tell your Mum Hi, thinking of you, your friend, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (09-11-2010), cindi1965 (09-12-2010)