View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 01:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The Anuket weeping scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridagal View Post
Boy, ain't it the truth, I'm mad too, ALOT. I guess I go in & out of those stages, anger, denial, bargaining, depression, acceptance And the Feelings, oh my, I hardly cried before this illness and now there are days when I can't turn off the faucet....... I wish I was there last night cause maybe we could have taken turns cooking and resting. Be encouraged, FG
Loving the part about PWP taking turns cooking and resting. That is actually going on.

The symptoms - I say 100 times worse than other people but it may be a thousand times more, but that sounds scary. Crying a lot? The Mysterious Anuket once came out with a crying scale from 1 to 10. I don't remember exactly, but number one on the scale was gentle tears running down your face; 10 was an all-out, writhing on the floor, crying and screaming and howling in wave after wave. And Parkinson's takes you there any old time at all.
So people ask me about the symptoms, and I tell them they all have the same symptoms as me. But Parkinson's makes mine 100 times worse, and in waves and sequences that I cannot predict.
Mr. and/or Ms. Normal, did you ever have trouble sleeping? Did you ever feel like throwing up? Did you ever have sore joints? Did you ever forget where you parked your car? Did you ever burst out crying when everybody else was just fine? Did you ever say that was a great movie and your friends all hated it? Did you ever feel really really tired? Did you ever feel very weak? Did you ever have too much of one thing and not enough of the other; so you change the timing of the doses and end up just as bad, with too little of the one that was too much and too much of the one where you had to little.
Mr. and/or Ms., there is nothing mysterious about our symptoms. You have all of them too. The mystery is how come ours explode at 100 times the usual octane?
Did you ever cry and not know why? Maybe a level one or two on the Anuket Scale of Weeping; maybe a level ten if your husband or dog just died, but Parkinson's will take you all the way to ten in just a few seconds, for no particular reason, and there you are, lying on the floor weeping and howling again, at hurricane force 10.
It can make life very hard for us, but, and this is not much of a consolation, but still ----- it's not boring. Just doing a simple task can turn into an expedition to climb Mt. Everest, and we are the ones always rolling back down the hill.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (09-09-2010), Evonne (09-11-2010), just_me_77 (09-10-2010)