View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 04:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Laugh happy for you

2:Jackie I am so happy for you as you are for me, the information your are sharing is so helpful. Thank God for folks like you and some other on this web site, to know you are not alone makes a great different in my mental health, cant put it in words put would be lost without yallThanx:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiekennedy View Post
Hi Everyone

Well I had my appointment with my Rep this morning. When we arrived, on time I might add, there were 3 more people ahead of meHe was running late with his appointments. But I didnt mind I was just so glad to be there.

After a while I was called in. This guy is so nice. AND SO PATIENT.....have to say dont know how he can do that job. So I explained to him that although I have 5 programmes, No 2 was the one I used the most, but even though it was at its max (thats the initial settings I got in the hospital) it wasnt enough to help me. Then occasionally I would use 4 and 3 in that order.

So he set about 'tweaking'.......He told me I am definitely not hypersensitive to the sensations, which was great. So he increased the power ............OMG I was almost jigging on the floor with the sensation. But I could withstand it at a high level , which was so good for me. It covered the areas I needed. So he programmed it that it starts off very low and gradually increases to the highest level. Its a bit of an odd feeling in my legs when its quite high, again thats something I need to get used to . The feeling in my feet is 'ok' for now, again I need to become accustomed to that too. So he has now put it up VERY HIGH, so that I can use put it up to that level if I needed it, but to be cautious when say Im about to stand/sit/lie down so that I dont go off the scale! He said that I am about 2/3's of the way to its full capacity in strength and power but I still have a 1/3 to go and play around with if and when my body becomes used to this sensation and level that it needs adjusting up again. So thats good to know.

He then gave me another programme which is a bit different to the one he just tweaked. This time my legs were MOVING a bit. He said thats not unusual as the sensation was 'different' more of a prickly feeling as opposed to the other one which is like a jaccuzzi like feeling ie, bubbles bursting against my skin, and when put higher its 'banging' or 'thumping' which I find relaxing. Odd I know

So after about an hour we were done. Gosh it was exhausting though. I was concentrating so much so that I could tell him how I felt on a scale from 1 - 10. How the sensations was on a scale of 1 - 10. But all worth it in the end.

Then I had some questions and I had read some of the questions which Rae had put down too so I asked those.

He told me that my SCS is guaranteed for 12 months.

If a lead or the unit malfunctions AFTER that time its my Health Assurance that will look after it by replacing the part that is faulty. He said thats generally what happens. Also this unibattery should last up to at least 15 years and after that time you insurance company again will replace it. Whos to say that maybe by then something even more unique will be on the market

He told me to insure my remote/paddle to the value of €1500 on my home insurance on the All Risks items. Especially in the case of it maybe falling or dropping on the ground, dropping down the loo, (why would I use it there, I dunno) or whatever might happen to it which would make it malfunction. So thats good to know.

Overall I was very pleased with my visit. I have so much more coverage now in my back and legs, which is fantastic. I even met my daughter for lunch afterwards and wow what a different it was for me to actually SIT for a while without fidgeting about trying to stop the pain in my butt! So Im hopeful we are on the right track. So on leaving my Rep said to give it a month or two and see how I go with these 2 programmes, btw he didnt delete any of the others for now which was good, and then if I feel I need more tweaking to come back to him again. So Im a very happy bunny this afternoon. I just hope it continues for a long time now.

Jackie
charles jenkins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (09-09-2010), Rrae (09-09-2010)