View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 11:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Skinny and confused and depressed. Feels like I'm 14 again and not 44. Either way - miserable.
I know the feeling! I think we all do here, on one level or another.

It sounds like a med. switch is absolutely not in the cards for you right now. If you are comfortable with Topomax, then absolutely stay with it!

Quote:
If I taper off the topamax, that leaves me with several weeks of low to no coverage for my bipolar depression, which is a mighty ugly and dangerous situation -- not just for me, but for my two children. And my job, which I am holding on to rather precariously.
I'm thinking that you need to get comfortable with what you're going to decide to do first. Don't take anyone's word for anything. Start reading and try to pick out one thing to do for yourself that won't be too challenging.

Taking things slowly allows you to re-evaluate yourself as you go, too.

Diet may prove to be the least precarious thing to change and end up being the most comfortable for you. It sounds like you just need some help and direction.

Quote:
...sticking to a gluten-free diet is really a pain in the neck unless one absolutely has to do it. I looooove pasta and whole grains! sigh...
Being gf is not a pain at all, when your quality of life improves. It's actually a preferable way of life that many choose to practise because it is so much less trouble than the health concerns they used to deal with before going gf.

If pasta is your favourite food, get rid of all the gluten pasta and fill your cupboards with rice pasta instead.

Another thing that I would do is pick a couple of foods that I negatively react with and get rid of them completely. For me (and a lot of other people), it would be coffee and refined sugar.

Thinking of you and hope that you feel better soon.
01/02/2002 Even Small Amounts of Gluten Cause Relapse in Children With Celiac Disease (Docguide.com) 12/20/2002 The symptomatic and histologic response to a gf diet with borderline enteropathy (Docguide.com)
KimS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote